use a matrix to gain an overview of the institutions and major groups
involved in a proposed change, and the level of support or resistance
to that proposed change.
sources and levels of support for or resistance to a proposed project
or change by institutions or groups.
the amount of support needed from specific individuals for a proposed
project or change, use the exercise Commitment
size: 2 to 10 participants.
10 - 20 minutes.
- Write the name of the proposed project or change in program, policy,
or practice on the Inventory of Support and Resistance worksheet.
- Ask participants to rate the level of support or resistance of the
institutions and groups listed at the top of the column in the worksheet.
Rate the support or resistance as high, medium, or low.
- Ask each participant to explain the rationale behind his or her ratings
of the institutions and groups on the worksheet.
- Ask participants to discuss the overall picture of support or resistance
to the proposed project or change.
- Discuss other sources of support or resistance specific to your community.
to Top | Next section: Commitment Charting